NHES and ELMI agency logos
New Hampshire Employment Security - an official New Hampshire Government web site
Smaller text size Reset text size Larger text size
link to website translation page

NHES home > Services for Customers > Services for Employers >

Foreign Labor Certification

The Foreign Labor Certification Program is federally funded through a contract with the U.S. Department of Labor (USDOL). Prior to bringing foreign workers into the U.S., employers must file a labor certification application.


  • 20 CFR Part 655 Subparts A, B, H Part 656 Subpart C, D

Types of Labor Certification Applications


  • Determination of prevailing wage for temporary labor certification purposes.
  • To request a prevailing wage determination (PWD) for a Nonagricultural Immigration Program (PERM, H-1B, H-1B1, H-2b and E-3) employers must complete the ETA Form 9141 and submit it to the National Prevailing Wage Center (NPWC). Electronic filing is strongly recommended. The USDOL's iCert Portal has been updated to allow users to electronically submit requests for PWDs to the NPWC.
  • The employer must obtain a prevailing wage determination that is valid either on the date recruitment begins or the date of filing a complete Application for Temporary Employment Certification with the USDOL. The employer must offer and advertise the position to all potential workers at a wage at least equal to the prevailing wage obtained from the NPC.
  • For non-electronic submission, the Prevailing Wage Application form can be found at: www.foreignlaborcert.doleta.gov/form.cfm
  • USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service) Information, forms, fees, and filing instructions for the final stage of the Foreign Labor Certification process.
  • Please email questions or comments to foreigncert@nhes.nh.gov

Translation Resources and Disclaimer

New Hampshire Employment Security (NHES)
45 South Fruit Street  |  Concord NH 03301  |  603-224-3311  |  1-800-852-3400
TDD Access: Relay NH 1-800-735-2964