NHES and ELMI agency logos
New Hampshire Employment Security - an official New Hampshire Government web site
Smaller text size Reset text size Larger text size
link to website translation page

NHES home > Services for Customers > Services for Employers >

Register as a New NH Employer

As an employing unit, you must file an Employer Status Report from the link below within 30 days of first providing employment in New Hampshire, acquiring the assets of an existing employer, or acquiring the assets of a separate unit of an existing employer. When any of these standards have been met, based on the Employer Status Report you submit, you will be determined to be an employer in the State of New Hampshire and liable for contributions. NHES will send you a Determination of Liability and establish a separate account for you.

NHES Video: How Do I Register as an Employer and Pay Unemployment Taxes?Adobe Flash Symbol

  • Contact Information
    • General Status Questions
      (603) 228-4033 or (603) 228-4034

    • Tax reports/Tax rates/Delinquency notice questions
      (603) 228-4048 or (603) 228-4046
  • Mailing Address
    New Hampshire Employment Security
    45 South Fruit Street
    PO Box 2058
    Concord NH 03301
    Fax: (603) 225-4323

Employer Forms and Publications

Adobe Acrobat Reader Symbol Adobe Acrobat Reader format. You can download a free reader from Adobe.

Adobe Acrobat Reader Symbol Adobe Flash format. You can download a free player from Adobe.

Translation Resources and Disclaimer

New Hampshire Employment Security (NHES)
45 South Fruit Street  |  Concord NH 03301  |  603-224-3311  |  1-800-852-3400
TDD Access: Relay NH 1-800-735-2964