NHES and ELMI agency logos
New Hampshire Employment Security - an official New Hampshire Government web site
Smaller text size Reset text size Larger text size
link to website translation page

There are multiple ways of preparing for your future.
Below are some different types of training, costs, advantages, and disadvantages.

Four-Year College | Two-Year College | Private Career College | Apprenticeship
U.S. Armed Forces | Volunteer or Internship | Minimum Wage Job | Do Nothing

Two-Year College

What Is It?
Community and technical colleges offer associate’s degrees and technical certificates. Many have transfer agreements with four-year colleges and universities.

Much less than a four-year university, about $6,000 per year for in-state students.

What You Get
An associate’s degree or professional certificate in fields such as business, medical technology, construction trades, information technology, electronics, or criminal justice.

Frequently an easy commute, so you can live at home for two more years after high school. Technical programs have good job placement rates.

Most students work and attend classes, limiting on-campus social activities.

With open admissions at most community colleges, there’s little chance of being rejected from the school of your choice. Junior colleges have entrance standards.


Translation Resources and Disclaimer

New Hampshire Employment Security (NHES)
45 South Fruit Street  |  Concord NH 03301  |  603-224-3311  |  1-800-852-3400
TDD Access: Relay NH 1-800-735-2964
webmaster@nhes.nh.gov for web page related issues only